An investment company in Boston is looking for a Staff Accountant to assist with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The incumbent will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Ability to analyze figures.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computers and familiarity with accounting software.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com