A biotechnology company in Cambridge is looking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist. The AP Specialist is a key member of the Finance Team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance. This role will primarily be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the Finance Team by completing the full cycle of the accounts payable processes, completing payments, processing invoices and communicating with vendors. If you are interested in gaining great experience and working for a mission-driven organization, this is the role for you!
- Perform day to day processing of accounts payable operations.
- Participate in monthly financial statement close processes including preparation of the accounts payable reconciliation and other reconciliations as requested.
- Administer annual 1099 compliance.
- Assist with the month-end close tasks.
- Process a high volume of invoices by verifying appropriate documentation and approval, performing a 3 way match, and processing related payments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements by researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Other analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years’ accounts payable experience.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to comfortably communicate with internal customers and external vendors.
- Adaptable and demonstrated resourcefulness to be proactive and solutions-oriented.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and individually with limited direction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com