A growing Life Sciences company in Cambridge is hiring a Senior Accountant to support their Finance Team. Their ideal candidate is a detail oriented and driven professional with a positive attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities.
- Take full ownership of the accounts payable cycle, from processing to compliance and reconciliation.
- Assist with purchasing functions utilizing the company’s automated purchasing platform.
- Prepare and maintain various account reconciliations, including credit card, fixed assets, accruals, payroll and others.
- Assist with the design and implementation of processes and internal controls.
- Collaborate with operations staff on as-needed basis.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with the month-end closing process.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external financial reporting, including workpaper preparation for audit and tax return.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of GL, close process, fixed assets, etc.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as experience with accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Exposure to system implementation projects is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org