A publicly-traded biotech company in Norwood is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their incredible team. The Senior Accountant will prepare and maintain accounting records as well as examine, analyze and interpret accounting records. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team-player who has a solid accounting background and seeks an opportunity to work in a publicly-held health and life sciences company.
- Execute the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, reconciling select balance sheet and P&L accounts, and performing monthly analytical reviews as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of all SEC filings (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.), including financial statements, footnotes, other disclosures and supporting documents.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an effective system of internal controls and compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Responsible for annual fixed asset observation and asset tracking.
- Participate in year-end audit and interim reviews, which includes working with external auditors.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives (e.g., system upgrades, process improvements).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Experience in a public accounting firm, preferably a big 4 firm, is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting environment, preferably in the health and life sciences industry but not required.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and financial reporting.
- Prior experience working with tight deadlines and demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed.
- Proficient computer skills; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter/proactive and willingness to take on and learn new skills.
- Ability to build consensus and work well with a small finance team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com