A phenomenal non-profit organization that works in the health and life sciences space is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing team. The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, resourceful, and a technical thinker. Reporting in to the AD, this is a hands-on role that interacts with all levels of management. The ability to multitask and work well with others are essential in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an incredible mission.
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and month end accruals.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for monthly close.
- Manage monthly accrual process meeting with department managers and key personnel.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Compile financial reports for varying levels of management.
- Review contracts and agreements.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assist with SOX, financial and tax audits & reviews.
- Participate with systems implementations and upgrades and testing thereof.
- Ad Hoc reporting & special projects as needed.
- BA/BS with a major in Accounting.
- At least two years of accounting experience.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important working relationships.
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with superior attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting and reporting systems (NetSuite preferred); project accounting experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com