A real estate investment firm in Boston is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team. Reporting in to the Controller, the Property Accountant will be responsible for managing and participating in the creation of financial transactions and financial reports. This includes posting information to accounting journals from source documents such as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The senior accountant will also ensure that accounts are reconciled to ensure their accuracy.
- Participate in the monthly close process of several of the communities.
- Prepare month end financial reports.
- Ensure proper collection efforts are being performed in the field in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in year-end audits with outside auditors.
- Manage and maintain the Yardi database and assist with improving processes by using Yardi more efficiently.
- Ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
- Enter and reconcile bi-weekly payroll transactions.
- Maintain accounting books and records, prepare billing, manage positive pay, manage last month on account, review and post payroll activities for several of the communities.
- Ensure utility contract information is updated and accounts are accurate.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Senior Management Team on an as need basis.
- Work with managed communities on accounting related processes and procedures.
- Provide support to the Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Owners.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette.
- Must have at least one year of property accounting experience.
- A high level of computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn new software packages quickly.
- Yardi knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced setting, and meet required deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org