A thriving, start-up biotechnology company located in Watertown is seeking a highly proactive and cheerful Executive Assistant / Office Manager to join their team as their first administrative hire. The EA/OM will be responsible for ensuring a smooth functioning office, taking the lead on improving and maintaining the office space, and supporting the CEO. Their ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who is able to anticipate and meet the operational needs of the team.
- Perform a wide array of administrative and office management tasks.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CEO as needed. Including but not limited to travel support, calendar management and expense reporting and processing.
- Scheduling company and employee meetings (onsite and offsite).
- Support HR policies and procedures, including on-boarding new employees.
- Manage and maintain office operations and facility requirements, working with property management.
- Responsible for maintaining support equipment (printer, AV, etc.)
- Coordinate improvements and general appearance of office, which can include office expansion and upgrades, team shuffles and moves.
- Evaluate and provide accommodation of employee workspaces as required.
- Handle purchase orders, payables, budgets, expense reports, and vendor management.
- Minimum of 6 years of office management and administrative experience.
- At least two years of experience supporting an Executive.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and content materials.
- Responsive and proactive, with the ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com