A biotechnology company in Cambridge is seeking an energetic, efficient, and versatile Office Administrator to join their team. The ideal candidate is a friendly, outgoing, detail-oriented, and energetic individual with prior administrative experience. If you are seeking an administrative role within a start-up environment with ample opportunity to grow and develop your skills, we encourage you to apply!
- First and primary point of contact for visitors.
- All reception tasks, including phone and door, shipping, receiving, visitor greeting, and managing.
- Ensure office space is maintained: tasks include stocking kitchen, stocking office supplies, act as point of contact with building management and cleaning company.
- Manage conference room scheduling, calendar scheduling, interview scheduling.
- Maintain relationships with all local vendors, including food supplies, office supplies, hotels, etc.
- Assist and coordinate onboarding of new hires.
- Support planning and coordination of social events.
- Employee appreciation for birthdays, weddings, and other occasions.
- Support event planning for company‐wide outings.
- Maintain weekly petty cash journal and maintain copies of all appropriate receipts.
- Maintain information about local area dining, hotels and after‐work locations for guests.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous administrative support.
- Previous startup experience or sincere interest in working at a startup.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage/multitask a large task list and prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Willingness to help with projects across departments as needed.
- Ability to effectively listen, learn quickly and be flexible.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open‐minded and willing to do a diversity of work.
- Creative and a sense of humor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org