A thriving biotechnology company in Cambridge is seeking a Junior Accountant to join their team. Reporting into the Accounting Manager, this role will support all aspects of the accounting function. The ideal candidate is a driven problem-solver with excellent attention to detail. This is an opportunity for a recent accounting/finance graduate to develop their skills as part of a talented team!
- Prepare and input journal entries.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support in the daily and monthly uploads to SAP.
- Support with the JSOX month end controls.
- Support with the reconciliation of international sites.
- Responsible for maintaining fixed asset system and associated depreciation.
- Assist in audit of fixed assets as well as financial audits.
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare daily cash log.
- Act as back up to Accounts Receivable Specialist and Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Provide data and analysis for month end reports.
- Position may include some sales tax reporting.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Experience in accounting in a manufacturing or Medical Device environment preferred.
- SAP database experience is needed; MAS500 preferred.
- Must be a business acumen and problem solver.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org