A medical device company in Danvers is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team. The Financial Analyst will be a liaison between the Accounting/Finance Team and the Sales & Leadership Teams. The FA will perform company-wide financial analysis to evaluate performance and support decision making. Primary responsibilities include performing fluctuation analysis, reconciliations, financial reporting, forecasting, and compiling senior management presentations. The Financial Analyst will participate in certain monthly close duties and the annual planning process. The ideal candidate also has the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines. This position will report directly to the Controller.
- Shares in the preparation of the monthly financial closing including but not limited to; sales and gross margin reporting, variable compensation and expense analysis.
- Maintains the integrity of the General Ledger.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining commission and bonus financial tools.
- Deep dive into financial results to reconcile variances and develop qualitative explanations and identify potential risks and/or opportunities in the company performance.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results against budget and forecast plans with a focus on sales and gross margins.
- Responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc.
- Interact with financial and business management to help generate and corroborate periodic forecasts.
- Cooperates with internal and external auditors in review and audit engagements.
- Performs special financial analysis projects for the controller, CFO, and business unit leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or economics.
- Two or more years of relevant financial analysis experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office, in particular above average Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- NetSuite or ERP system equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience using multi-dimensional databases is required.
- Flexible “can do” mentality.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, with a “think outside of the box” approach.
- Capable of working independently and in teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written; experience interacting with all levels of management.
- Desire to learn and develop in a fast-paced organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com