A start-up biotechnology company in Burlington is seeking a Facilities Director/Project Manager to join their organization. The Facilities Director will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the daily on-site operations, including office, facilities, and labs, run smoothly and efficiently across the entire company. The successful candidate is a highly professional manager who is detail-oriented with a keen ability to multi-task. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in a key and highly visible role.
- Manage daily operations including maintenance functions, repair services, and equipment installation/delivery.
- Assure facility is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a comprehensive facilities plan for existing headcount and future growth.
- Oversee set-up of new laboratory spaces.
- Prepare and administer the facilities budget.
- Maintain and negotiate facility maintenance service contracts.
- Coordinate with IT on infrastructure needs, installation, and establishment of needed services.
- Act as liaison with property management on all building activities.
- Interface with Research and Development to ensure laboratory equipment is operating properly and that there are no disruptions in service.
- Implement and maintain processes to manage common laboratory supplies, stock inventory, and order laboratory consumables.
- Oversee laboratory equipment purchases, including price negotiation, shipping, and installation.
- Coordinate all preventative maintenance and repair services.
- Manage the budget for routine laboratory operations and equipment service contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5+ years of experience in facilities or scientific operations role.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects concurrently in a time-sensitive environment, and ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory compliance standards, and previous safety experience within a laboratory environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions relating to laboratory organization and management.
- Experience working with external vendors and CROs.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com