A startup biotechnology company is looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team as the first administrative hire. Due to the company’s growing needs, this position requires a flexible person who can wear many hats, but also knows how to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with unfaltering attention to detail, excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. This position involves interaction with executives throughout the company and serves as Executive Assistant to the CFO.
- Maintaining multiple calendars.
- Making travel arrangements and managing itineraries.
- Managing and prioritizing internal and external communications (including Email, arranging conference calls, etc.)
- Planning and coordinating of on-site and off-site meetings as needed.
- Prepare responses to written and email correspondence and inquiries.
- Handle confidential information and work closely with employees and consultants.
- Handle a variety of administrative office projects and tasks which include office reception, phone contact, mail and distribution services, records retention, ordering office supplies, security systems and communication systems (such as telephones and printers) and arranging and providing support for large internal/external meetings.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
- May be responsible for certain finance tasks, working with the company controller on payroll and payables.
- The candidate should have a BA/BS or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Must be dependable and extremely trustworthy.
- Extremely detail oriented with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Personable and professional.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org