A pre-IPO Biopharmaceutical Company in Cambridge is seeking a Director of Accounting to join their team. Reporting to the CFO, this role manages the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, and all external financial reporting. The Director will also help to further develop the finance department, and will be an effective business partner for other Company departments.
- Support the CFO in leading financial and administrative processes according to company strategy, guidelines, standard operating procedures and relevant regulations. Assist the CFO in driving change agenda, enhancing operating efficiencies, and improving internal controls.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial accounting and all associated reporting, and for ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, shareholder requirements, governmental reporting requirements and related regulatory compliance. Monitor incoming/new legislation and regulations, evaluate the impact of potential requirements, and advise management on needed actions.
- Continuous evaluation and maintenance of internal financial/accounting controls and safeguards, acting as the primary point of integration with internal and external auditors, and ensuring compliance with all financial covenants and accounting standards.
- Serve as lead organizer of Audit Committee and direct the annual external audit. Ensure compliance with, and assist with strategic direction regarding implementation of GAAP regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide ongoing analysis on all matters with potential financial impacts, including treasury, tax, capital expenditure, and P&L impacts.
- Prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts associated with working capital, for inclusion in financial updates for Executive Management and the Board.
- Provide regular status updates of the Company’s financial condition, coordinate monthly financial reviews with CFO and finance team, and manage cash flow projections.
- Recommend other benchmarks/metrics for measuring the financial and operating performance of the Company, and help non-financial colleagues understand the relevance and implications of financial metrics to the business.
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent in the accounting/control function.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field, and must have an active CPA license.
- Experience as Controller reporting to CFO preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience with 8+ solid years in accounting within a publicly held company, ideally in the health and life sciences.
- 6+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial reporting and financial statement preparation, SEC reporting requirements and rules.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience is essential.
- Experience leading internal controls, writing SOP’s, and leading special projects related to accounting.
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication, team-leading, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate/coordinate efforts with diverse departments across the organization to achieve key financial/control deliverables.
- Must have highly professional and personal integrity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com