A school in Norwell, MA is seeking a Controller to join their phenomenal organization. Reporting to the CEO, the Controller is responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities and will be involved in supporting presentations to the board finance and audit committee, working closely with the management team. Responsibilities will also include general ledger management, account reconciliation, cash receipts processing, all facets of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing, and maintaining all financial records and reporting. They are seeking someone who is passionate about working for a mission-driven organization in an accounting function.
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
- Responsible for accounts payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, billing, and payroll.
- Reconcile all bank accounts, PayPal and credit card accounts, and general ledger accounts with auxiliary records on monthly basis.
- Prepare and make cash deposits and prepare journal entries.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results.
- Support the CEO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committee around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments.
- Proficiency in most of the following: Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks, Peachtree, SAGE, PayPal, SSP, Salesforce, Stripe, Clover, Point of Sale.
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board, or other outside partners.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn and a desire to work for a mission-driven organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com