A successful environmental services company in Braintree is searching for an Assistant Controller to join their incredible organization. This role will report directly to the Director of Finance and is an add to staff position. This is an incredible opportunity for a highly motivated professional to join a thriving company and make a huge impact as the company continues to grow.
- Assist with the FP&A process, including preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, as well as establishment of monthly budget versus actual reviews with department and program leaders.
- Highlight key cost drivers and risks versus opportunities.
- Key contributor in the month-end accounting close process. Work cross functionally on the company’s R&D accruals.
- Prepare monthly financials in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in a timely manner.
- Help establish and implement new accounting and business processes and controls and improve existing processes to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Assist Director of Finance/Controller with various operations-related activities, including accounts payable, payroll and benefits administration.
- Ad hoc projects as needed, including implementation of new finance systems or technical accounting research and documentation.
- This position may take on additional responsibilities as the company grows, dependent upon both business needs and capabilities of the incumbent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and finance roles.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Experience working in biotech.
- Experience in public accounting is preferred.
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of current US regulations and compliance issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas on complex accounting issues.
- Superb attention to detail and excellent time management skills, with the ability to handle many priorities simultaneously.
- Extremely collaborative with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in an evolving and fast-paced work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org