A global asset management company in Danvers is seeking an Accounts Payable / Payroll Accountant to join their team. Reporting into the Accounting Manager, this role is responsible for supervising the company’s accounts payable and payroll processes and will become an integral member of the finance team.
- Manage the accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely payments to vendors.
- Process monthly payroll.
- Oversee the daily administration of equity compensation plans and employee stock purchase plan transactions.
- Ensure employee benefit deductions are accurate and compliant.
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal departments to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve invoice and purchase order issues.
- Responsible for handling invoices, including obtaining approvals.
- Process and report 1099s for contractors and consultants.
- Ensure proper year-end tax reporting.
- Participate in evaluation and potential implementation of new accounting and purchasing system.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate HR and payroll data via ADP and work closely with HR for all personnel payroll-related items.
- Stay up to date on applicable state and federal wage, hour, and tax laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- At least 2+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information.
- Prior experience working with tight deadlines and demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org