A thriving biotechnology company in Lexington is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join their team. This role reports into the VP of Finance and will be a key member of the Finance and Operations team. The Accounting Manager will have front-line general ledger management responsibilities with cross-department collaboration opportunities and visibility to management. Their ideal candidate is an adaptive and flexible professional with a solid accounting background who is able to thrive in an entrepreneurial life sciences environment.
- Work with VP of Finance to manage and review payroll and accounts payable, including full procure-to-pay processes.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of those involved are appropriate and make any changes necessary to improve the process.
- Build and manage the accounting function consisting of the monthly closing process, general ledger, accounts payable and payroll.
- Manage accounting consultants appropriately to streamline processes while ensuring adequate controls.
- Lead effort and execute implementation of new enterprise resource planning system, most likely NetSuite.
- Lead the coordination and support of the independent auditors in annual audits.
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist when needed for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning.
- Assist in identifying, understanding and monitoring key business drivers and drive for improvements.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA preferably.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience, including at least two years of public experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience and industry experience preferred.
- Full cycle accounting and reporting handling GL and AP.
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting principles.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and perform day-to-day work while also stepping back to provide insight and recommendations.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Strong work ethic and adept at balancing multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Adaptive and flexible.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com