A clinical-stage biotechnology company located in Waltham is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their Accounting Department. Responsibilities will include the month end close, processing bi-weekly payroll, and assisting with budgeting. This is an excellent opportunity to join a biotech company doing groundbreaking work in their field.
- Responsible for completion of month end close process (preparation of monthly journal entries, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, and preparation of monthly financial statement package).
- Prepare and analyze critical balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for administration of equity-based compensation system including employee demographics, new hires, terminations, equity grants (stock options and restricted stock units) and managing blackouts.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly schedule along with reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Review actual to budget on monthly and quarterly basis and distribute to department heads for review and feedback.
- Manage processing of invoices, manual check requests and employees expense reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
- 7+ years of accounting experience.
- Prior experience working with tight deadlines and demonstrated responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work performed.
- Proficient computer skills; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Must have a willingness to take on and learn new skills.
- $135k range.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org