A thriving biotech company in Cambridge is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting to join their growing and talented team. The Senior Manager will work at the intersection of internal and external financial reporting at the company. You’ll have the opportunity to make company-altering contributions by how you ensure compliance and represent the company in the market.
- Own and drive the global financial consolidation and reporting, including research, evaluation, and documentation of technical accounting matters by maintaining company accounting policies, managing and reviewing quarterly and annual financial filings with the SEC, contributing to the SOX compliance program, and advancing continuous improvement across the finance and accounting team.
- Guide internal and external financial reporting by developing and implementing financial policies and procedures across the company, including quarterly/year end close, consolidations, and system controls.
- Create and manage preparation and SEC calendar of external financial reporting by preparing and reviewing main financial statements, footnotes, MD&A schedules, and disclosures for 8-Ks, 10-Qs, and 10-Ks.
- Ensure general accounting operations comply with policies, directives, and US GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements and review items related to monthly internal reporting financial statements, including cash flow statement, balance sheets, stock compensation, and equity.
- Coordinate and manage relationship with consultants and external auditors to provide audit documentation of financial statements and disclosures for the quarterly and annual financial filings with the SEC.
- Collaborate with partners in FP&A, Treasury, Investor Relations, Legal, and Communications for special projects, including quarterly earnings release, earnings call script, registration statements, proxy statements, miscellaneous filings, debt offerings, and other ad-hoc projects for functions.
- Research, interpret, and evaluate technical US GAAP and SEC pronouncements and their accounting implications in order to provide technical support to the team, address accounting issues and non-standard transactions, provide on-going training, and adhere to requirements.
- Benchmark industry best practices and leverage thorough understanding of the financial reporting, consolidation, and general ledger structure at the company to simplify, streamline, standardize, and implement process improvements to the extent possible.
- Participate in SOX compliance program in relation to internal financial reporting controls by working with internal audit, external audit, and business partners to ensure controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Maintain and execute proper accounting policies and procedures, including updating or developing new policies to ensure consistency and compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Experienced finance professional (CPA) with a minimum of 4 years of experience preparing and filing SEC reports, including “Big 4” public accounting firm experience.
- Experience in a publicly traded company, preferably in the biotech industry.
- Strong leadership experience in a large, high-growth organization and working closely with external auditors to ensure compliance.
- Exceptional problem solver with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy who can multi-task and re-arrange priorities as needed to meet critical deadlines.
- Expert in US GAAP, and SEC rules/regulations who conducts thorough research and employs exceptional written and oral communication skills for financial reporting and presenting complex financial data in a clear, organized, and concise manner.
- Self-motivated individual with unwavering ethics and integrity, especially related to the accounting and reporting requirements of the company.
- Engaging influencer who has strong interpersonal skills and can work effectively with all levels and functions.
- Efficient and effective executor who has excellent system and computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com