A biotech company in Boston is seeking a Vice President/Head of of Human Resources to join their team. The ideal candidate will enjoy building up and overseeing the entire function for the company. Managing a staff, the VP of HR is responsible for developing, leading, and executing human resources strategy, operations, processes, and, most importantly, people, to positively impact the continued improvement of the organization. This includes talent acquisition, organizational development and performance management, training and development, succession planning, and compensation. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a hands-on, growing environment.
- Strategy – works with the management team to set the mission, goals, values, and cultural standards and that drive growth and development as individuals, teams, and, ultimately, an institution.
- Programs – responsible for designing and managing leadership development and employee retention programs with an eye towards creating a positive work environment that stresses collaboration and reinforces entrepreneurial spirit.
- Process – creates and executes processes/programs around critical organizational functions such as recruiting, on-boarding, compensation, performance management, communication, and employee and team development that are customized and evolving to meet the needs of the dynamic team.
- Operations – ultimately responsible for the effective deployment of all administrative aspects of the function including payroll, benefits, training, policies, etc. The Director will ensure all payroll runs are accurate.
- People – resource to help facilitate the dialogue, skills, and structures needed to strengthen the team.
- Staff Management – coach, mentor, and provide guidance to junior HR staff in an effort to provide daily HR guidance to corporate employees.
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years of increasing HR experience, with a significant time in a leadership role.
- Experience working in the life sciences space.
- Familiarity with Operating Systems, MS Office, HRIS Systems, MA and Federal Employment Law, Recruiting software and strategies.
- Up to $300k plus bonus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org