A growing Biotechnology company in Boston is hiring a Staff/ Senior Accountant to support and help their small Finance Team in a new office. The Staff/Senior will report to the VP Finance and work with individuals at all levels within the company. Their ideal candidate is a detail oriented and driven professional with a positive attitude and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities.
- Take full ownership of the accounts payable cycle, from processing to compliance and reconciliation.
- Assist with purchasing functions utilizing the company’s automated purchasing platform.
- Prepare and maintain various account reconciliations, including credit card, fixed assets, accruals, payroll and others.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with the month-end closing process.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external financial reporting, including workpaper preparation for audit and tax return.
- Assist with the design and implementation of processes and internal controls.
- Process payroll using ADP Workforce Now.
- Collaborate with operations staff on as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Public accounting experience required.
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience, will consider internships.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as experience with accounting software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Exposure to system implementation projects is a plus.
- $85k – $95k
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org