A biotechnology company in Lexington is seeking an accomplished Staff Accountant to join their Finance and Accounting team in support of the company’s business and continued growth. The ideal candidate has a solid accounting background and is versatile and hands-on. Working closely with the Controller, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and gain exposure to the entire accounting department.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries as needed.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review accounts and reconcile on a monthly basis, ensuring balances and activity are properly supported.
- Identify billing issues and resolve in a timely manner, issuing credit memos as needed.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly close workpapers and checklists.
- Assist with the collection process, ensuring contacts are up to date and clients have all information needed for processing. Make collection calls and provide excellent customer service.
- Oversee outsourced A/P workflow process.
- Help process payroll bi-weekly and support other HR administration.
- Maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) internal control documentation.
- Work on specific projects / initiatives.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related degree.
- At least 1-2 years of experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Public company experience preferred, but not required.
- NetSuite experience (or other ERP) preferred.
- Experience with General Ledger, Reconciliations, Fixed assets module, Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
- Interest in the Life Sciences Industry.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org