Our client, a non-profit company in the design space, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. Reporting in to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions. This includes assisting the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant with financial statement preparation and analysis, budget and variance issues. This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven organization.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial packages.
- Assist in year-end audits with outside auditors.
- Assist with payroll journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain accounting books and records.
- Assist the Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager in record keeping including billing, accounts payable, and contract management.
- Assist in assuring business and accounting process and procedures are being followed.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice.
- Ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Senior Management Team on an as need basis.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Must have excellent communication skills demonstrated in person and writing, as well as telephone etiquette.
- Must have a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience.
- A high level of computer proficiency is required for the position.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and able to learn new software packages quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Ability to meet required deadlines.
- Must have a desire to work for a mission-driven organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org