A biotech company in Cambridge is seeking a Senior Human Resources Director to formulate, implement and administer HR and Payroll policies, procedures, guidelines and programs, and ensure compliance with current rules and regulations. This is an incredible opportunity to support the entire HR and Payroll function within a rapidly growing organization and work directly with the CEO.
- Manage the on-boarding (and termination) of employees in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Maintain employee records consistent with applicable laws including personnel files for all employees.
- Ensure compliance with ACA regulations.
- Administer employee benefits, including assisting in the selection of medical benefits providers and plan design.
- Update Employee Handbook as required for multi-state compliance.
- Update and ensure compliance with employment legislation, laws, and regulations as enacted in all states that the company operates.
- Develop annual performance review, progressive discipline forms and process, termination and separation agreements and process.
- Respond to employee questions promptly regarding company or statutory benefits or other employee agreements and programs.
- Handle Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Resolve employee problems/complaints in a professional and timely manner and notify management as needed.
- Provide counseling and mentoring to management and employees on employment related issues.
- Perform special projects relating to the Human Resource function as directed by management.
- Manage the payroll function.
- Provide payroll with necessary compliance information to address accruals, rollovers of vacation time, sick time, and various leaves.
- Serve as the backup for payroll in the event of vacation or other time off of the payroll team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience.
- Experience in the Biotech space or life sciences space preferred but not required.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with an ability to multitask.
- Superb communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferable but not required.
- Ability to work with internal databases.
- Experience in the staffing industry is preferred but not required.
- $200k range.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com