An pre-IPO Biotechnology company in Watertown is seeking a Senior Director & Controller to join their incredible team. This role will be responsible for building and scaling the entire finance and accounting functions for the organization. The ideal candidate has previous public and start-up Biotech experience and is a solution oriented professional. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving organization at a pivotal point in their growth and development with the ability to create the function yourself.
- Build and implement finance and accounting functions and systems for the company alongside the CEO and internal stakeholders.
- Advise the executive team on equity fundraising, partnerships, debt financing, and financial components of partnership negotiations and alliance management.
- Lead the company’s activities with external auditors.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX, tax, and payroll obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- CPA and audit experience, preferably at a Big accounting firm.
- 8+ years of Accounting and Finance experience in the life sciences or tech industry.
- Experience in an emerging biotech environment is also required.
- Desire and ability to work in a “roll up sleeves” position within a fast-paced and growing company.
- Must be solutions oriented and passionate about problem solving and efficiency.
- Must be a clear communicator who is details oriented.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com