Our client, a biotechnology company in Boston, is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist. Reporting directly into the Controller, the Specialist will manage the accounts payable process. assist with AP processing for several of their clients. Their ideal candidate is independent, personable, and detail-oriented.
- Responsible for the full payment process; preparing and reviewing weekly payment reports, initiating online bank portal submission for the weekly check run.
- Responsible for the month end close of accounts payable and assisting with identifying month end accruals.
- Process over 100 invoices per week and ensure accuracy within account coding transactions, project coding, department allocation, and posting dates.
- Resolve any account discrepancies through investigation of supporting documentation and direct communication with internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for the retrieval, organization, and maintenance of forms for all vendors to ensure compliance with 1099 reporting.
- Review employee expense reimbursements to ensure compliance.
- Provide support and guidance to the independent public accountants in connection with the year-end audits.
- Administer support to other managers and departments.
- Manage vendor and partner relationships.
- Support Finance team with ad hoc projects and participate in finance discussions and monthly close meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline or equivalent accounting experience.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com