A Watertown-based biotechnology company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will assist in all aspects of the monthly close and reporting processes. This role will provide coverage for payroll and will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls. As an effective collaborator in a highly visible role within a dynamic organization, the Senior Accountant will work efficiently and professionally with internal and external partners to ensure that deliverables and deadlines are achieved.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end, quarter end and year end close responsibilities.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet account reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Prepare audit schedules for the annual financial audit with external auditors.
- Identify and recommend process improvements.
- Support the development of and adherence to internal control processes.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- At least four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in public accounting is preferred.
- Prior cost accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in order to assist in preparation of financial statements.
- CPA or CPA track preferred.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Must be proficient with several financial accounting software packages with multiple sub ledgers.
- Transaction and general ledger experience is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
- Must be a strong collaborator with influencing skills.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Solid technical knowledge of accounting concepts and principles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com