A non-profit organization focused on public health and education is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. This role requires an individual with a strong financial and managerial accounting background, excellent communication and written skills, and a desire to work in a flexible and mission-driven environment. The incumbent must also have extensive general ledger experience.
- Set up and manage all general ledger accounts in the corporate accounting system.
- Assist management with the corporate general ledger, including the month-end/year-end close, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other reports for management.
- Prepare all bank account reconciliation for the U.S. corporate accounts and work with the Finance Team to resolve all discrepancies and variances.
- Review all general ledger accounts monthly.
- Prepare and record journal entries, as needed.
- Process monthly payback activities.
- Provide ongoing support to program staff for the in-house developed field account processing system, as well as assistance with appropriate entries for field expenses.
- Review, upload and post all field account activity and bank reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare financial analysis reports to assist management with key decisions and data modeling.
- Assist management during annual audits, reviews, and other filings on a needed basis.
- Aid the Accounting Department team on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, MSA/CPA is a plus.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in non-profit finance/accounting, audit experience is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Single Audit requirements.
- Superior working knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Experience with non-profit or government contract and grant regulations is a plus.
- Must have integrity, credibility, and a desire to work for a non-profit organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org