A biotechnology company in Boston is searching for a Payroll Manager to join their incredible team. Managing a staff of five, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for processing all payroll and employee benefit payments, preparation of quarterly and annual IRS and state reports, filing of W-2’s, and continuously evaluating and working to improve payroll processes.
- Manage, motivate, and set standards of accountability for all payroll staff members.
- Develop, implement, and manage methods, procedures, controls, and operations for the timely and accurate submission, preparation, documentation, and disbursement of all payroll checks and direct deposit.
- Process timely payroll tax payments and employee benefit payments, and complete reconciliations. This includes the management of bank interface systems, reconciliations, the analysis, preparation, and reporting to staff, department managers, and all external agencies.
- Preparation and reporting of quarterly and annual IRS and state reports and filing of W-2’s.
- Responsible for continuously evaluating payroll processes, and working with payroll staff to improve processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate records and files to support disbursements consistent with corporate policy and compliance with IRS rules and regulations relative to the employment process.
- At least 7 years of strong payroll experience is required.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- MS Access skills helpful.
- Previous experience managing a small staff.
- Must be a systems thinker, and prior system implementation experience is plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com