A growing biotech in Lexington, MA is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their amazing organization. Reporting to the Payroll Director, the Specialist will partner with the Finance and HR team and provide ancillary financial and accounting support to the finance function, including procurement, accounts payable, revenues and other special projects. Their ideal candidate has strong knowledge of payroll processes, incredible collaboration skills, proven attention to detail and a desire to work for a successful company in a supporting but highly impactful position.
- Produce bi-weekly and monthly payroll cycles, special compensation amounts, and bonus payrolls.
- Ensure administration of payroll transactions that are timely and in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Properly account for benefit transactions, miscellaneous, wage garnishment and retirement deductions withheld from employee’ s bi-weekly and monthly paychecks.
- Assist with the preparation and audit of payroll transactions.
- Serve as point of contact to resolve payroll issues.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure the processing of new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions are reflected accurately and timely within the Workday system.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Payroll, Human Resources, and other Departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of relevant employee data.
- Assist with payroll system management and potential system migration.
- Work collaboratively with IT to obtain quotes and process purchase orders aligned with internal requirements.
- Track and report on IT budget versus actual spend.
- Monitor and report on monthly credit card activity and post to general ledger.
- Assist Finance team with other ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-5 years payroll administration experience.
- Experience with multiple payroll vendors and assisting with system implementations and upgrades.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentially of employee payroll data.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse employee population.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel strongly preferred.
- CPP Certification preferred.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org