A growing and successful biotech company in Cambridge is seeking someone to join their team and work as their Office Assistant. This person will handle a variety of administrative tasks, ensure the office runs smoothly, manage vendor relationships and work on additional special projects as needed. If you are looking for a dynamic role where you will be the face and voice of a thriving company, this may be the job for you!
- Welcome and manage all visitors by greeting, directing, and answering all questions in a warm and friendly manner.
- Ensure check-in protocol is followed and visitors are all logged.
- Answer office phone and direct calls accordingly.
- Order and restock all office supplies, snacks, and beverages for the company on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- General upkeep of kitchen and other common areas, ensuring general organization and stock of supplies.
- Manage all vendor relationships and handle invoices, insuring all are paid in a timely manner.
- Help with onsite events, including ordering catering and any necessary supplies.
- Help choose and order company swag/merchandise items.
- Help handle administrative tasks for new hires, including desk and computer set up and lead first day onboarding meeting to provide general info and answer questions.
- Handle all outgoing shipping needs by managing courier accounts, creating shipping labels, handling invoices, and arranging pickups.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail.
- Work with AP to organize receipts for company credit cards.
- Assist with additional office projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of receptionist/ administrative assistant experience, ideally in a fast-paced dynamic professional environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude and be a team player while also being able to work well independently.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org