A VC-backed, clinical-stage start-up biotechnology client of ours in Cambridge is seeking an Executive Assistant / Office Manager to join their growing team. As the second administrative and operations hire for the company, this position will provide overall administrative, office management and operations support, direct support to the CEO, and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external inquiries. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Calendar management including planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences. Resolve conflicts and act as the gatekeeper for executive’s calendar.
- Manage domestic and international travel, including booking flights, lodging and ground transportation.
- Attend executive leadership team meetings, organize the agenda and track action items.
- Communicate with senior leadership, board of directors, clinical advisory board members and external partners.
- Coordinate board meetings; secure venues, coordinate catering and dinners, arrange travel and lodging for board members as needed.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layout, and equipment procurement.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs and evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
- Manage updates to the company website and LinkedIn pages.
- Manage company credit card statements. Prepare and complete expense reports. Organize accounts payable invoices and enter data into purchasing/finance systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of management, board members and employees.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Experience in meeting and event planning.
- Experience with WordPress and website content.
- Start-up biotechnology experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org