A successful global VC firm is seeking an all-star Director of Administrative Operations to perform as the first administrative and operations hire for their new office in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who can work independently as an Executive Assistant to key executives in addition to running the show as the Office Manager and operations leader to help the company continue to grow and prosper in their new location.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to key members of the executive team including travel support, calendar management, expense reporting and processing as well as scheduling Board of Directors, client and other business meetings.
- Proactively identify the needs to build and run daily office activities including equipment, space, materials, processes, communication forums, establishing and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems, food services, mail and shipping/receiving.
- Act as the primary in-house expert on purchasing.
- Work with the finance team to support key processes including payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, general ledger, budgeting, etc. if necessary.
- Assist the contract corporate lawyer with maintaining standard templates and central filing for all corporate documents.
- Oversee the information systems required to operate the office infrastructure to interface seamlessly.
- Act as receptionist to greet visitors and answer the phones until a full-time receptionist is hired, then supervise the receptionist.
- At least 5 years office management/high level executive assistant experience ideally in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on the most critical assignments on time and within budget.
- Must have a positive attitude, show excellent judgment and work well independently.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint along with experience setting up systems and databases.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com