A prestigious education institution is seeking an Executive Assistant to support their President. Under minimal supervision, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing the flow of work through the office, providing administrative support for various programs and projects, and serving as an ambassador for the President’s office.
- Manage the President’s calendar, including scheduling, travel arrangements, and complex itinerary preparation.
- Coordinate and prepare agendas for meetings.
- Answer telephone and screen phone calls.
- Act as a liaison between President and institution leadership.
- Anticipate needs of President and develop/execute implementation plans.
- Prepare payment requests and reimbursements and keep records of budgetary and purchasing transactions.
- Draft written correspondence on behalf of President as necessary and represent them in communication with senior program managers and other institutional staff.
- Manage office logistics and flow of incoming and outgoing information, including complex written reports and donor correspondence.
- Effectively use information to respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
- Draft, edit, and proofread memos, correspondence, and other reports.
- Interact with top donors, volunteers, alumni, and faculty.
- Participate in planning of campus visits and events, either independently or as part of team.
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate relationships with volunteer leadership and their staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of related experience supporting a high-level executive.
- Previous project coordination experience strongly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a high-volume work environment.
- Demonstrated event management experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and familiarity with FileMaker-Pro preferred.
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit environment preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org