A VC firm that invests exclusively in the health and life science space is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join their team and be the Controller for 5 of their start-up companies. The Controller will be instrumental in the month end close, will be responsible developing and implementing new accounting policies and procedures, providing business insights to company leaders and assisting with enhancing company wide financial reports. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage organizational cash flow, forecasting, budgeting and reporting for multiple entities.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely preparation of the financial statements for 5 portfolio companies.
- Monitor and review new accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare presentations to business leaders and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the management of all financial contracts and commitments.
- Recommend benchmark against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Evaluate and drive improvements across finance operations for multiple portfolio companies continuously.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required, Master’s degree or CPA highly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working at a big 4 accounting firm.
- Prior experience working at a start-up biotech or life science company required.
- Self-motivated professional with ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Must have strong attention to detail and the utmost integrity.
- Flexible and collaborative work style with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org