A thriving Environmental Tech Company is seeking a Controller to join their team and work alongside the CFO to build out the accounting function for the firm. The Controller will also work closely with FP&A team to guide strategic financial decisions. This is an exciting hands-on opportunity to build an Accounting function from the ground up, while being supported by a community of passionate colleagues doing world-changing work. The position has the ability to work remotely.
- Build and lead the accounting function for the company (currently being outsourced).
- Own preparation of monthly financial statements, delivering timely and accurate reporting.
- Support technical accounting analysis.
- Develop ad hoc financial models and analysis to inform decision making.
- Lead in designing and maintaining financial systems and other process and application needs.
- Lead financial statement audit and interface with external auditors.
- Drive continuous improvements in process with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work on special projects, research accounting issues and provide analysis as needed.
- 6+ years of experience in general accounting, financial reporting/modeling and systems experience.
- Prior experience at a public accounting firm, preferably Big Four.
- High proficiency with Excel, especially in modeling ability, Word and PowerPoint.
- Systems design and implementation experience.
- Must be able to communicate well with others and be a leader.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Solid work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org