An thriving Construction company south of Boston is looking for a Controller to join their team. The Controller will be responsible for developing and maintaining accurate financial records for the company. The Controller will oversee and manage all financial aspects of our construction projects. The ideal candidate has substantial prior construction financial accounting knowledge.
- Develop and maintain accurate financial records for the company.
- Work with finance, operations and job site management teams regarding all fiscal matters, specifically working to oversee and manage all financial aspects of construction projects.
- Manage and maintain project budgeting and forecasting for multiple construction projects by administering financial policies, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Communicate routinely with management teams on a variety of job-related topics including funding, schedules, contracts, financial forecasts and payments.
- Compile and analyze project cost reports and statements.
- Provide consistent and accurate financial forecasting for company and projects.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Provide financial reporting and prepare and review quarterly and annual budgets.
- Oversee weekly, monthly and annual operational requirements.
- Reconcile key accounts and financial platforms.
- Review A/P, invoicing, and A/R with accounting staff.
- Perform internal audits and assist with external audits.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations.
- Work with outside accountant/tax preparation team.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to current operating systems and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- The ideal candidate has substantial prior construction financial accounting knowledge.
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge with considerable experience of basic accounting principles (i.e GAAP, journal entries, debits, credits) and accounting functions.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a high-performance team of finance professionals.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and technical skills to lead the day-to-day activities of the team and build relationships.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com