A pre-IPO biotechnology company located in Cambridge is seeking a Controller to join its team. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, all accounting and financial functions, managing the internal control process, and establishing and implementing the company’s financial policies and procedures. This person will also participate in treasury activities and the FP&A function.
- Oversee financial and accounting compliance matters, maintaining controls and identifying potential business risks.
- Support all major company transactions including, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures activities.
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors.
- Implement a new ERP system.
- Prepare statutory and compliance‐related filings.
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis activities.
- Develop company‐wide budgets, and manage the annual budgeting process.
- Oversee cost accounting.
- Identify and implement financial systems as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain banking relationships.
- Serve as the primary liaison to external accountants and banks.
- Manage the annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- A CPA or MBA is highly preferred.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 10-15+ years of hands‐on experience in accounting and finance.
- Must have experience in the Health and Life Sciences field.
- Experience working for a pre-IPO company.
- Candidates should be hands‐on and want to work in a team oriented environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com