A research organization in North Billerica is seeking a Bookkeeper to join their organization. This person will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial records in accordance with standard accounting principles and company policies. Working closely with the Finance Team and other departments, this role will support existing systems and processes while identifying improvements to support the firm’s continued growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, innovative, and growth-oriented firm.
- Maintain financial records in QuickBooks for contracts and grants, including federal and foundation grants.
- Prepare and process payroll with Finance Team.
- Allocate monthly payroll and expenses to projects.
- Prepare weekly transmittal report of cash receipts, transfers, and cash disbursements.
- Post invoices, print checks, and process employee reimbursements.
- Run monthly project P&Ls along with budget-to-actual reports.
- Maintain charts of classes and accounts in QuickBooks.
- Calculate and post indirect costs to grants, reconciling quarterly.
- Post retirement plan data bi-monthly.
- Perform bank and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review contract and grant budget proposals for accuracy.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc analyses and reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end close outs, annual audit and 990s.
- Optimize QuickBooks use including integration with other systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Minimum 2 years’ bookkeeping experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills, and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Experience with grants management, including federal compliance requirements.
- Nonprofit accounting experience, particularly familiarity with restricted funds as part of revenue recognition.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to strong performance, high standard of accountability and openness to feedback.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org