A thriving Biotech in Cambridge is seeking an Associate Director of Payroll to join their team. This is a high impact role that will be responsible for leading and managing the payroll and LTI administration function for the company. This is a hands on role that will lead the efforts to continually advance and streamline the payroll and LTI processes, ensuring efficient, scalable and compliant practices to support future growth.
- Partner with key stakeholders in the Finance, Accounting, Legal and HR teams to ensure timely and accurate record keeping for payroll.
- Own the payroll process from start to finish and ensure the completeness and accuracy of payroll.
- Oversee the administration of the company’s 401(K) retirement plan.
- Ensure payroll records/processes maintain compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
- In collaboration with HR Systems, identify and implement systems for payroll processes and identify opportunities to automate record-keeping procedures.
- Prepare tax-related documents for payroll transactions and manage payroll related tax registration and workers’ compensation audits.
- Support internal and external auditors.
- Validate tax filings and year-end W-2s.
- Collaborate with HR to establish efficient processes for all aspects of the employee lifecycle that facilitate timely and accurate updates to payroll records.
- Lead and own long-term incentive administration to include all employee equity and cash transactions.
- Partner with Legal, HR, Finance and other teams to maintain and improve upon processes and procedures related to LTI administration.
- Perform reconciliations and audits related to LTI administration.
- Collect and prepare date on LTI activities for internal and external reporting.
- Provide additional support to Finance and Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Certified Equity Professional (CEP) is preferred but not required.
- 5 to 8 years of experience leading payroll is required, preferably within the life science space.
- Additional experience with LTI administration preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of multi-state US payroll, with excellent understanding of payroll laws and regulations.
- Strong Excel skills is required experience with ADP Workforce Now highly preferred.
- Experience with 401k retirement.
- Proven ability to lead a company’s payroll function through periods of rapid growth.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org