Our client, a successful manufacturing organization in Wilmington, is seeking an Assistant Controller to report to the Global Controller. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for assisting with the month-end close, preparing various internal and external financial reports, assisting in system implementations and upgrades, generating management reports using the Budgeting software module, and managing special assigned projects. While the position is very hands on, the candidate must possess strong strategic vision and skills.
- Responsible for file maintenance, inputting of budget forecast data and generating of management reports using the Budgeting software module.
- Participates and assists in any new accounting general ledger system implementations and upgrades.
- Maintains and monitors all records for the Investment Portfolio software module. Sets up new investments and file maintenances other investment records. Reconciles investment reports to the safekeeping reports provided by an outside vendor.
- Completes monthly closing responsibilities.
- Provides backup support to other department staff members in posting entries to the general ledger, accounts payable and fixed asset software modules.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts as assigned by the Controller.
- Responsible for filing electronically estimate tax payments to the IRS and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
- Responsible for gathering and providing electronic quarterly data files to various outside third party consultants.
- Assists the Controller in the timely and accurate preparation of various internal and external financial reports.
- Provides assistance and support regarding fulfilling audit request items.
- Performs related accounting functions, as may be assigned or requested such as special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience, preferably at a manufacturing company.
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Have prior consolidation experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org