Our client, a thriving pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, is seeking an Assistant Controller to join their team. Reporting into the VP Finance, the Assistant Controller will be a key contributor in building a dynamic accounting and finance organization dedicated to financial integrity and focused on supporting the company’s growth strategy. Their ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work well in a team environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a mission-driven, growing organization.
- Work with VP Finance to develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies.
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data.
- Direct activities to timely and accurately record transactions in the General Ledger accounts.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all accruals are complete and recorded timely.
- Manage requisition and purchasing system.
- Responsible for the quarterly and annual process for filing the Form 10-Q and 10-K, including drafting and reviewing documents, ensuring quality while administering to strict timelines.
- Responsible for other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Form 8-K, S-3, S-8 and Section 16 reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the company’s public financial statements and other SEC filings are of the highest standards of quality, GAAP compliant and useful to management and the investing public.
- Assist with press releases, including investor presentations.
- Determine all month-end and year-end entries are complete and accurate.
- Act as a liaison between the company, government and CPA auditors providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Manage and process bi-weekly payroll.
- Act as administrator of 401(k) plan, and liaison to 401(k) provider and broker.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including directing work of others.
- A Bachelors/Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- A CPA certification and experience in public accounting.
- 8 years of related experience, including 1-2 years managerial experience is required.
- Experience with the SEC compliance issues of a public company.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- High attention to detail with good organization skills.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in Health and Life Sciences.
- $150k – $175k
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com