We are working with a Healthcare Services Firm that is seeking a Senior Accountant. With locations throughout the Boston area, the Accountant will support the roll-up of the financial data from each site to the consolidated financials. Supporting the CFO and Controller, the Senior Accountant will help mentor the Staff Accountant and will quarterback the month-end close process while supporting the budget process.
- Provide support to the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Timely and accurate preparation of journal entries and balance sheets.
- Responsible for preparing regular schedules and ad hoc reporting and meeting with various individuals in the organization.
- Responsible for working with the financial auditors.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Prepare month end financial reports and coordinate year end audits.
- Maintain employee files in accordance with labor department requirements for corporate office.
- Maintain accounting books and records.
- Manage record keeping of contracts for both the field and the corporate office.
- Supervise benefits administration and enrollment.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with managed communities on accounting related processes and procedures.
- Monthly billing of management fees.
- Ensure proper collection efforts are being performed in the field in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate collection issues in a timely manner with the Controller / Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Manage the budget for marketing.
- Assist in annual budgeting process.
- Must be a college graduate concentrating in accounting. BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Must have excellent communication skills demonstrated in person and writing, as well as telephone etiquette.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Must have been responsible for the month end close process and preparing financial reports.
- A high level of computer proficiency is required for the position and a qualified applicant must be skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel and able to learn new software packages quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, thrive in a fast-pace setting and meet deadlines required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com